Sunday, May 16, 2010
Banana and Cinnamon Bread
•1-½ cup All-purpose Flour
•1 teaspoon Baking Soda
•1 teaspoon Cinnamon
•¼ teaspoons Salt
•3 whole Overripe Bananas Smashed
•⅓ cups Melted Unsalted Butter
•¾ cups Sugar
•1 whole Large Egg, Beaten
•1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
•¾ cups Cinnamon Chips
•FOR THE CINNAMON-SUGAR TOPPING:
•⅓ cups Sugar
•1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 loaf pan with cooking spray. Dust it lightly with flour and set aside.
2. Whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Mix the bananas, butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla together in a medium bowl. Add in the flour mixture and carefully stir. Don’t over mix. Add in the cinnamon chips and gently stir.
4. In a small dish, mix together the 1/3 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon for the topping.
5. Add the batter to the loaf pan and smooth out with a spatula. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar topping generously over the batter.
6. Bake bread for 50-60 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. Transfer to cooling rack.
7. Let bread cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pan. Cool, slice, and enjoy.